Hands up if you love doughnuts! Of course you do, who doesn’t?
This recipe contains three of my favourite things, cheesecake, pumpkin spice and doughnuts. Yes, that right all together in one yummy treat. It makes sense right?!
These doughnuts are pretty much everything you love about autumn. Great for a snack to keep you going through the cold days.
These doughnuts are worth every single calorie and they put store bought doughnuts to shame. Mainly because they’re baked, not fried. And taste even better than fried.
There are rather a lot of ingredients for these doughnuts but lets be honest they are totally worth it.
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- CHEESECAKE GLAZE:
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons milk
- Cinnamon for sprinkling, optional
- Prepare the donuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a donut-pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin, sugar, oil, milk, egg, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid mixture until just combined.
- Place batter in a resealable plastic bag and snip off a corner. Pipe batter into prepared donut pan.
- Bake donuts for 10 to 11 minutes, or until a toothpick tests done. Cool donuts in pan 5 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack.
- Make the cheesecake glaze: Place softened cream cheese in a medium bowl. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy. Beat in sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve a thick glaze-consistency.
- Dip cooled donuts into cheesecake glaze and sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.